Privacy Notice for Patients – Adults and Children
1) How do we use and store your personal information?
· Personal details such as your contact details, address, any previous medical history or investigations you may have had.
· Personal contact we have had with you for appointments (general or emergency) and any advice we may have given you over the phone or via email.
· Notes about yourself or your child.
· Any other information that is relevant to you from any other health care professionals.
All your information is stored at secure premises locked away in files. We carry out strict measures to ensure no individual patient can be identified.
2) How do we maintain the confidentiality of your records?
Your records are kept in accordance with the following laws:
· General Data Protection Regulation 2018
· Human Rights Act 1998
· Common Law Duty of Confidentiality
3) Who will we share your information with?
Your information could possibly be shared (with your consent) with any other health care professionals if you need to be referred on. For example this could be someone like your GP if you needed a continuation of treatment somewhere else.
4) Can I have access to my personal data?
Yes, of course you can. You have a right under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 to request any personal data that EBG Sports Therapy holds about you. You can also change or amend this data so that it is accurate and up to date. It is important that you tell me if any of your details have changed. If you need to gain access to your files you can do this by the following:
· Your request must be in writing to myself
· You will need to provide me with proof of identity such as a photo driving licence or current passport.
If you have any objections or complaints about your personal data, please contact Elise Burnett-Godfree and we can discuss this. If you still have concerns following this you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.gov.uk.
5) Notification and Data Controller
Elise Burnett-Godfree is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as the Data Controller for Cirencester Sports Massage.